C7 automatic transmission shifter won't go in park - Corvette Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigRed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Cool C7 automatic transmission shifter won't go in park

Ref; 2016 C7 automatic transmission, with 7625 miles
Has anyone had the shift lever not go in and stay in park?? While running Route 66 across the country last week, my C7 would not go in park. The lever acted as if it was spring loaded when trying to put it in Park. I had working movement in Reverse, Manual and Drive. I drove it around, turned the car on and off and still no Park. I was in Albuquerque, New Mexico at 5:15PM trying to find a Chevy dealer with the service department still open. I found Galles Chevrolet with some service personnel still hanging around. John Labedz (service advisor) and Jerry (service technician) tried to helped me with no success. They let me leave my car for repairs and gave me a loaner car to use to get back at the hotel. The next day after Jerry, the service technician, checked my car found the shifter control assy. (PN# 23320197) was defective. The part was overnighted from Michigan for repair the next day.
I want to thank John Labedz, service advisor and Jerry, technician, for all the hard work and getting me back on the road again!! GREAT JOB "Galles Chevrolet"
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode