newbie - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

I'll be making an entry level purchase within the next 12 months for a weekend driver. hopefully an '05 or newer. thought i might hear what some owners may have to say about their experiences. really looking for the guy or gal that can point out any land mines to avoid so my voyage can start out pleasant and economical.

Smooth runnin, bobc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 03:45 PM

Welcome.

We got out 05' Vette in March of 2015 - love it! I build a few car before marriage and kids and can say this is a complete package. 400hp, comfortable ride (some time stiff) and only two seats, one for me and the wife. We got an excellent deal on the car and even being 11 years old (now) it runs and drives great.

The only thing missing I wish I would have considered is the lack of MP3 player/interface. I believe it was not until 2008 that GM addressed this. I am planning on plugging into the XM receiver and using it to interface with an MP3 player. Not a big XM fan.

The NAV is integrated and will display on the HUD (there are 3 modes) and I really like that and the NAV take a little getting use to the controls. There are some GREAT sites for the HUD and I used The Red Lion II for the NAV information. It is better organized than the owners manual in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode