Soon to be a Corvette owner - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Soon to be a Corvette owner

Hello

New guy on the block, don't have a Corvette yet. I do drive a 1995 Miata MX5 but I am in the market for Corvette. I've been looking around western New York and the surrounding area for some thing in the C4 type car. Been out on the internet at sites like carguru.com and if I would be willing to travel to south Florida, I could have had a Corvette long ago.

Then today, I made the acquaintance of a man whose mother-in-law has a 1974 (maybe 1975) Corvette she wants to sell. He tried to sell it last year, was asking $1500 (fifteen hundred) but had no takers. She winters in Florida and will return mid-May, at which time I'll take a look at this car. He says "it needs some work"

I don't know what $1500 buys in Corvettes but I have seen some much newer cars (1991) with reasonable mileage (80000) selling for $6000 in S. Florida.

I have not seen this car and have zero information about it. Having said that, is there any thing I should be on the lookout for, anything at all, which if present, I should run far and fast away from?

When I do go to see it, I will take a $1000 with me. Assuming the engine starts and the car is complete, it would serve two purposes for me. First, it's a Corvette, second, it's a project car. If it doesn't have a rotted frame and if the engine runs and if it is complete and if it hasn't been wrecked and if...., and if...., and if she'll take a $1000 for it, I'll buy it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode