Better late than never - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Better late than never

I purchased my first Corvette ever on Monday after jonzing for one of these cars for 40 years. I'm 57 years old, found a 2007 that I loved with all the right equipment and the right color (arrest me red, black leather, black glass targa roof). Only 20,500 miles. They wanted way too much money for it. So I banged them as hard as I could, (they went from $32K to $30K) and realizing that I was overpaying a bit, I went through with it. The car was the perfect combination of color (red) equipment (navigation, glass targa roof, six speed manual) and condition (mind blowingly mint, 20,500 miles).

I test drove the car not sure if I wanted a stick (the idea of an automatic with paddle shifters was quite appealing to me). I had just driven a Mazda MX-5 (Miata) the day before and the car left me stone cold, too small, slow, noisy. The C6 was a revelation with the stick. Best car I think I ever drove, and I've driven a lot of cars, I was in the high end car business continuously from 1983-1991. Anyway, I was in car nut heaven and I HAD to have this car, which is very, very bad and usually doesn't end well. Sigh.

(To be continued)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Chevrolet Corvette, 6 spd manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

But I bought the car, I've had it for two days, and I'm beyond thrilled.

(to be continued)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Where has this car been all my life?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Driving this car is like flying an F18 fighter jet, down to the heads up display.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Really has some cool features for an 8 year old car. Bluetooth would be nice, my 2004 Acura had that. Oh well.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

I see why people become Corvette lifers. I think I'm going to be one of them myself. Now my post count is up to five so I can post a picture or two (where do forums come up with these arcane rules, they're all different, I'm sure they have their reasons, I can't imagine the episodes that incite these regulations)

I'm a cycling nut too, and best of all, the hatch area has plenty of storage space, amazing for a sports car. My bike fits in the back:

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Best sports car I've ever driven. And I've driven a lotta fancy sports cars, lots of Porsches, Audis, BMWs, MBs, etc. But the Vette stands alone. Like somebody crossbred a Camaro, a Hemi and a Ferrari into a Perfect Sportscar Storm. I think the C6 is one of the best looking sports cars on the planet, I prefer it greatly to the new C7. I'm amazed not only at the performance, but at the COMFORT level of the car given its uncompromising performance.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Congratulations on your exciting purchase! Welcome to the forum and to the Corvette family. Enjoy the ride, it looks amazing....that color seems to break necks!

Chevy Corvette

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
Where has this car been all my life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARiD View Post
Congratulations on your exciting purchase! Welcome to the forum and to the Corvette family. Enjoy the ride, it looks amazing....that color seems to break necks!
Thanks CariD. I get the feeling this the beginning of a lifelong relationship. From now on I'll need a nice Vette and a beater car to get me through the winter : ).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode