New Person - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

New Person

Hi, I am new to this site. To be honest I joined BEFORE i have bought a corvette so I could pick some brains and to figure out where to buy the best car I can.

I would like to purchase in the near future a corvette between the years of 1970 - 1977, possibly the 78 year for the silver anniversary edition.

I am 56 and have never owned a corvette, but always liked them. I have always been a truck (pickup) guy. My wife likes corvette's so when I pull the trigger she and I will be on the same page. I want it for weekends, and maybe to drive on a vacation.

I would like to know some answers. What can I expect for yearly maintenance cost? How is insurance cost for "good" drivers? Are the Corvette owners groups worth joining? How easy to find a good Corvette Mechanic? Are Corvette interiors easy to replace, either by myself or hire a person. I would love a nice clean interior. I would like an all original car, by that I mean, the look. I don't want to have added on stuff, just like a good used car that doesn't have much alterations done to it. Where is the best place on the internet to find a good buy.

Which of the '70 to 77's do you guys recommend? As i mentioned, I am new to Corvettes, need as much as I can find out, will read any recommended books you guys have. Looking to purchase in 2016, have one more year of work in me, and then retirement, and I want this All American Car to finally be parked in my garage. Thank you all.
Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode