The GOOD the BAD and the UGLY - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

The GOOD the BAD and the UGLY

THE GOOD I purchased my 2014 corvette in November 2013 from a Chevrolet dealer in Wilmington NC. Wow was I happy the car was beautiful, I traded my 2013 so I did not have to put tires on it after 10000 miles. After about a week I started hearing a engine noise and brought my car back to the dealer . The dealer in Wilmington NC put me into a loaner vehicle. Being in the auto repair business for about 40 years I told them that the noise was lifters. The next day I received a call from the service writer . He said that the engineers at GM said it was a fuel pump rod noise . I told the service writer that they were wrong but I let them proceed . The next day the service writer called and said they would now order lifters. So i picked up my car new lifters and no engine noise, I did not say I Told You So. I drove my car home Wow what a car , I was all excited about having my new Vette back. It was so cool being asked everywhere I went What is it and how beautiful it was. The very next day guess what the engine noise came back . I then called the dealer and informed them of this and that I was driving to Florida that day. By the time I got back about 1500 miles later the noise was very loud. The dealer than said that GM wanted the Engine for testing. Without hesitation the dealer said that GM would replace the car but they had to build it with whatever options I wanted and it would take about 6 weeks. But there was a issue I was moving to Florida the following day . The dealer gave me a loaner said they would ship my old 2014 Vette with the new engine to Florida to drive until my new 2014 Vette was built and that they would than ship the replacement car to Florida . They said they would make my payments and pay my insurance and tint my windows. I could not believe in this day in age what GREAT customer service that was. About 6 weeks later the dealer in NC called me on a Tuesday that the car had been delivered and that they would prep the car and ship it to Florida. I told them don't bother that I had to be in NC on Friday . The dealer said I could most likely pick it up by Thursday . The dealer claimed that the transfer paperwork was taking time and that it would be he beginning of the week before I could pick it up. That seemed strange but I had to give them the benifit of the doubt . I picked up the car on Wednesday . I was so happy the car was beautiful. I then drove my beautiful car back to Florida.HAPPY. THE BAD!!!!!! After about a year I noticed a ripple in the door that looked like body putty that seemed to be getting worse by the week baking in the sun. I had planed to bring it to the dealers attention on the next oil change. In the mean time in August I got tapped in the back and had to bring the car to a body shop to be fixed. When I picked up the car the guy told me that the rear panel and left rear quarter had been painted and that there is body putty in the drivers door. That the alignment pins on the rear quarter gad been ground off. I than brought my car back to the dealer in Florida and they confirmed it. I then called GM after a couple of weeks they said that the dealer in Wilmington said that there is no record of the car being hit. That there is nothing they will do for me. What I am thinking is that when that lousy lying dealer in Wilmington Said it was paperwork they were waiting for. It was paint that they needed to dry. THE UGLY??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode