Guys, I Really Need Your Help!!! - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Guys, I Really Need Your Help!!!

Guys, I need your help!!!

First, let me say, I am a women, and I am appealing to the expertise of the men out there to help me with my C5 problem.

My predicament is that I have a C5, but I WANT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE C6...I know what you are asking, why don't I just purchase a C6? Well, I can't right now, I am in medical school, so that takes all my money for the next 2-4 years or so, and my C5 is paid off, so I'd like to upgrade the look, because I LOVE the look of the C6's...

So, where can I get the parts to do this? I want to get a C6 back end tail piece, because that is the major difference on the C6, I also want the brake cooling segment piece that the Z06's have (no, I don't have a Z06, but love the look of the Z06 fender piece that has the brake cooling area...

WHERE CAN I GET THESE TWO PIECES (BACK-END AND SIDE PANEL) FOR THE BEST PRICE? How do I go about getting it installed? Where? I live in AZ if anyone has any suggestions...

Also, I posted a thread about the BB Bullet Exhaust, which I want to purchase and have asked where I can get one for the best price, I'd appreciate any comments on that thread also...

Please be kind guys...yes, I know I am a woman and asking some stupid questions, but I knew if anyone knew the answers to my questions, you guys would. (I am also posting this on the C6 area, in case they have information for me also...)

Thanks for any information you can send my way,

Sherry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 05:18 AM

Sherry,

First welcome to the site. as to your questions, I'm not sure if you can even do what you want to do? Take some measurements and see if the width is the same for both the C5 & c6.

I've noticed while looking at the side view of the C6 that the rear fascia looks very similar in design (from the side) to the c5. Of course the rear (straight on) is different.

Because the body lines are different, I don't think you can bolt on the rear fenders from a C6 on the C5.

There is a company out there however, that makes a bolt on complete rear fender kit with flares similar to the C6 design. The kit looks great and gives the C5 not only a unique but exceptionally agressive styling.

Best of luck with your C5. Drive it, mod it and enjoy it and when you're all squared away and out of med school, you can set your sites on the next and best vette on the market at that time.

Good luck with your med school program. My son is pre-med here and it's no walk in the park by any means.

If we can help with your project feel free to post or pm.

PS: here's a link to WCMC that have the fender flare kits along with the tiger Shark front and high rise hoods. Take a look I think you'll like what you see. It'll be easier, cheaper and unique

Gordon

http://www.westcoastvette.net/id80.html

Last edited by Pirate; 03-14-2008 at 05:27 AM. Reason: added link
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 AM

Sherry,

Welcome to the Corvette family.

I don't believe that what you are asking is currently possible, and if it were, it probably would just be cheaper to sell the C5 and buy a C6. (installation and painting of the body it partds would probably be very expensive) Some of the early C6s are selling in the low 30s these days, and the C5s are still commanding some good money. In the past, there were some body kits designed to make C4s look like C5s, but (IMHO) these kits really did not enhance neither the appearance nor the value of the cars they were installed on. When you see them, you immediately know that it is not a C5, and it looks kind of silly.

Most (real) Corvette folks appreciate all generations of Corvettes, and the C5 was really one of the nicest corvette body styles. There are many enhancements that are available for a C5, but making it look like a C6 may not be the best of ideas. (just my 2 cents worth though)

Good luck in Med school.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 10:18 PM

Smile Welcome Sherry!! To The Corvette Family!!!!

Here is where I am going to get my stuff www.mamotorworks.com/corvette. And welcome again!! Tim c5garage

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:22 PM

the 2 bodies are too different, it would not be worth the effort to do that and you may end up with a really bad hodge podge of a car that just don't work.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 02:28 AM

In the past, there were some body kits designed to make C4s look like C5s, but (IMHO) these kits really did not enhance neither the appearance nor the value of the cars they were installed on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode