Need your expertise on a C4 - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Need your expertise on a C4

Hi all,

I just joined the forum as a potential new Corvette owner. At a car show last night, there was a 1988 Corvette convertible for sale with 37000 miles. The car looks very clean.
He is asking 15000 firm for the car and I wanted to know how the C4's hold compared with other C models. Obviously, they are not in the same league as the new Corvettes, but I'm not looking for the fastest street racer around. Are there any problems I should be cautious of and is 13500 a good offer for the car?

I forgot my camera so I do not have pics but if you feel there is something there, I'll see the car again today and take some pics.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ringo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2009, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Anyone out there?

I'd like to consider the car for purchase by the weekend.
Any input would be helpful because I have never owned a Vette. There are years of most performance cars to stay away from so I would like to hear from knowledgeable Vette guys about the C4 years.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Ringo
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 05:09 PM

Ringo I just bought a 93 C4 and I typed 93 corvette Reviews on google and I found it very helpful .You might try that. Hope this is of some help to you.

Last edited by MJKidney; 09-09-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the link.
I guess the forum is not too active here cause I posted the question abvout a month ago.
Thanks much for the reply though- I'll check it out.

Enjoy your new ride.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 02:08 PM

$15,000 sounds like a lot for an 88. You should look around and see what else is out there. You can get later model C4's like LT1's for about the same price. An 88 should be no more than $10-12,000. Do some research before you buy. Good luck.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 04:02 PM

i love the packaging of my corvette but there is one thing i am dissapointed with. All my tinted windows have blotches in them the problem just showed up recently. They have dark and light areas all over in little circles. It looks awful and somewhat embarrassing. I am a little disappointed in my cars shortcomings.

unrelieved feeling because of too much heat inside your car, well your stressed image is reflected on your
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. There are two things that you need to consider first is the your car engine and other is your
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. But taking into consideration that the temperature of your engine is somewhat connected to your
better focus on it first and if your decided, buy a new
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 05:29 PM

I had an 88 vert top flighted twice with it. I sold it last year for 18.5k. The car had never been driven in the rain and was like new with 13k miles on it.I have heard of people having problems with the electonic dash, but I had no problems at all.These are not appreciateing like the c1's or c2's, because they built so many c4's. But I like them .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode