1958 Trunk Irons for sale - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

1958 Trunk Irons for sale

I have an original set of 1958 trunk irons that I am considering selling. $4000.00 or serious offers

I bought a 1960 Corvette back in June of 1972. I drove it for 1 year and then took it off the road to do a restoration on it. I took all the chrome and stainless to Paul (Paul's Chrome Plating) when he worked for his dad at Warrendale Plating in Mars, PA. All my parts were finished and sitting in his office for me to pick up and before I could pick up my order they had a fire in the shop. While the fire never reached the office Paul felt the need to put another layer of chrome on all my parts. Being young at the time I had no idea the trunk irons were only available on the 58's.

Well to this day the restoration has yet to happen and the car has been sitting apart since 1973. I am close to retiring so this is now my mission to restore the car and have no need for the trunk irons.

The chome on these trunk irons is flawless as you can imagine when you deal with Paul's. The one trunk iron is missing a 1 post which I'm sure can be fixed. I tried looking inside the trunk irons for part numners but since Paul put so many coats of chrome on these I can't really see any numbers. I'm sure someone who is an expert can tell that these are originals. I seriously doubt anyone was making reproductions in the early 70's. I am trying to locate the original receipt I got from Paul as to when these parts were re-plated. I am hoping to attend Corvette Carlisle this coming Saturday. I may not have internet access so If interested you can text me at 724-544-4610
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode