Buying Z06 need help with decision ! - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Buying Z06 need help with decision !

hi,
I own 2 cars 1 of them is evo IX it have many mods 2.4l BC stroker etc but the car nothing but trouble the engine blown up twice 1 broken tranny now its fixed i have lexus IS300 also if I sell both I can buy A Z06 but I am wondering about the daily driveblty of the car I wanna drive everyday I have a twin disk clutch in the evo and I dont mind driving manual everyday just wondering what trouble it have if so what are they if not then thats great I love the evo but it allways breaks down do to bad tuning and stuff what I want is a fast car daily driven with warrnty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 02:55 PM

ZO6 is a great daily driver fast, reliable, and will get good MPG if you keep your foot out of it. Sell your cars and I'll make you a deal on an almost new ZO6 you won't be able to beat. Lots of Factory Warranty and roadside assistance......Dumpy Don
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 AM

Dumpy, looking at one now, but concerned about the extreme low front end vs standard vette..

Any problems with the spoiler hitting?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 01:16 PM

low front end spoiler

Yes you must be careful with the front spoiler. Be careful when pulling into a parking spot as it will hit the curb stone or curb stop that most parking spots have at the front of the spot. In addition you must apex or angle your approach thru dips or driveway entrances to avoid scapping the spoiler. The good news is they are replaceable and not all that expensive. I have a new victory red with the 3LZ ebony and linen interior, chrome wheels, and navigation ZO6 with only 654 miles for sale. Will save you thosands of $$$ if your interested please call me at 407-415-9175. Thanks, Dumpy Don
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 09:53 PM

I love the Z06, but I won't drive it on a daily basis. You definitley need a daily driver car for that. Not that the car can't handle the duties or the ride is too hard, but from a practically and cost stand point it's not necessarily a good choice. Tires are 500 a piece for the rear and they last 9000k miles (vs 250 for 45k miles) if you are lucky, oil changes are more expensive. If you want to get grocery or go a mall do you really want to park in a crowd and worry about the car gettinig dinged. The front end is very low and curbs and rocks are not kind to it. If you live somewhere that has snow the car is useless when it snows and teh front end really gets destroyed on the ice bulit up on the road, unless you get a second set of wheels and get snow tires (500HP and 470 LBS of torque on 335 wide tires in a rear wheel drive on performance run flat don't work on snow). If you have more than 1 friend and want to go out together or a family that's a pain. you have to watch out for the curbs when you open the passenger doors. Getting packages out the back is a paint with the high belt line. In my opinion a high end performance car like the Z is better off as a second weekend car than a dialy driver, it will wear on you over time and that is true if it was a ferrari or a posrche. I drive a luxury SUV as a primary car, it's reliable, comfortable come with a courtesy vehicle eveytime you go in for service and it good all seasons and never have to worry about where you park or curbs or the gorcery, my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode