Challenging One Regarding `80-82 Interior Restorations? - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Challenging One Regarding `80-82 Interior Restorations?

I noticed that many of the carpet replacement kits from Willcox, Ecklers, Al Knoch, Stock Interiors, et al. include carpet replacement pieces for the doors panels in their deluxe kits or if requested, at least as they pertain to the 80-82's with the carpeted map pockets. This was validated during phone calls to at least two of these quality companies that I contacted. However, I do not see how to do it without having a professional replace them, if that is even possible. The elastic/velcro'd map pockets may be the show stopper so I'm particularly interested in anyone who has successfully applied the available replacement door carpet panels on their `80-`82? I do not want to buy new door panels - as you can see in the below photo the original panels are in excellent shape -- but, the carpet is showing its 32 years and it is time to do something so that they will also match the new carpet that I plan to order/install at the first stretch of non-winter.

Has anyone successfully replaced the original equipment door panels with the `door panel' carpet that comes with their carpet replacement kit, especially with an `80-82 that had the integrated carpeted map pockets? I am hoping that someone has figured this out since obviously, it is a purchase-able option from our reputable Corvette parts & accessories vendor partners.

Dave

Last edited by Lakeside49; 01-02-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode