Code 33 issue, NEED HELP - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Code 33 issue, NEED HELP

I'm new and have a question regarding a Code 33, (Mass Air Flow Sensor)

I have a 1985 C-4 L-98 Auto, (been working on it slowly and it basically runs very good.
But now I have an issue that I am confused with. I hope someone can help me with.

My Service engine lite came on and the engine began to run real rough at acceleration, felt like it would stall.
Got home ,checked the codes and got a 33.

I wiggled all the connectors that had anything yo do with the unit and sure enough the service engine lite went off and all was well.

Took it for a 50 mile ride today and it did the same thing again, drove it home, checked all the connectors and no change. Still running rough & the service lite is still on.

I would appreciate any thoughts or experiences anyone may have had similar to this issue, and any solutions.

Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 02:32 AM

I believe the code may indicate failed MAF sensor, don't have my manual to check. I have had that code or very close and that was the fault. I purchased the MAF sensor and installed myself and immediate remedy to my problem. I also developed a second issue closely related, code 42, oxygen sensor. I have ordered and will replace it in the next week. I hope to correct that issue as well. The is it didn't want to idle after temperature rises above 180 degrees F.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 01:03 AM

Code 33 is the MAF sensor. The best way to solve the problem is to make sure there is no short before buying parts. I am having the same problem with my 88 code 36. I have decided to replace the 2 relays that control the MAF 1 is power supply the other is maf burn off relay located behind battery on my 88. I just ordered a new MAF from auto warehouse parts on the inter net free shipping cost 98 dollars one year warranty. The relays cost me about 44 and the maf 102 I hope this solves the problem car runs good just throughs a code it idles at 6 with a small vibration but runs smooth no skips. If this fails I will bring it to my mechanic then it will cost a lot more. Take care let me know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode