Need help with '96 LT4 new idle air control valve and throttle position sensor instal - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Need help with '96 LT4 new idle air control valve and throttle position sensor instal

I bought this car in September with a 1,500rpm idle that does not go away after the car warms up.
Otherwise, the car runs good.
Installed a new idle air control valve and throttle position sensor today.
Now the car wont idle at all, while the high idle is gone.
I can hold the throttle open so it wont die, but wont idle on its own.
I probably made a mistake by not running the car after installing the idle air control valve and before installing the throttle position sensor.
After installing the throttle position sensor, and before turning on the key, I checked the shop manual and found that you cant just install the throttle position sensor without telling the computer about it, which I don't know how to do, so put the old one back on before first start up.
Wont idle.
Then installed the new throttle position sensor to see what would happen, expecting to get check engine codes.
No codes, still wont idle.
When I installed both throttle position sensors, I had to clock them both a little clockwise to the right, to engage the tangs, then rotate the switch to the left to get the mounting screw holes to line up. The tangs on both the new and old switches are at the same position which is about 2 and 8 oclock with the connector at the lower left.

Need some help here please, Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

I have also had 2 information center ASR lights (check ASR/ASR off) since day one. Could these be related to the high idle situation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode