1984 Corvette No power to fuel pump - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

1984 Corvette No power to fuel pump

I've bought my first corvette as a project car. Not my first car to have as a project car. But first Chevrolet a project.

Anyway the issue I'm trying to solve is why the fuel isn't getting power after starting the engine.. I am able to start but as soon as let go of ignition or before the engine shuts off. I have jumped power on the fuel pump connector by gas tank and it worked and engine turned over and run.. after that went to fuse panel and works there.. Then got ALDL Connector couldn't cause terminal for fuel pump was missing wire.. which kind of confused me. But after the ALDL I went under the hood to the fuel pump relay and notice how cut up and reconnected with electrical it was.. so I decided to not to touch it, to be on safe and build up the funds, and research on the fuel pump relay /and/ terminals wiring..

After all the research being done all I'm able to come up with are alot of not help schematics and a few real helpful schematics but no help on the terminals location// labels.. and where wires belong to.. I need this because the wires on the fuel pump relay connector are all white and then its the colored wires coming from the fuel pump fuse, 2 WIRES TO/FROM ECM, ALDL, AND BATTERY. Please someone help me out!! For any good ideas or advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 10:27 PM

You need to follow the white wires to where they are spliced to the factory wire harness and separate them, take a picture and post it
Someone here can match it up to wiring schematics and see if that's your problem area

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode