Another Blinka Problem - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Question Another Blinka Problem

I pulled the stalk down for a left turn signal and got the rapid flashing of the dash arrow. Both left, rear turn signal lights do not work, but the front one flashes rapidly. Right turn signals are normal. When I pushed the "emergency" button, all four taillights and two front turn signals flashed normally. Brake lights work as well as the backup lights and license plate light. Pulled all 4 taillight bulbs and sockets are very clean. There was a little bit of tarnishing on the bulbs' wire contacts, but these were easily cleaned with Scotchbrite. Found a grounding stud in the left wheelwell located behind the rear pivot point of the upper control arm. No visible corrosion, but I removed the wire and sprayed a little contact cleaner followed by a light scrub with Scotchbrite.
I bought the Tridon EL12 flasher unit and spliced it into the purple and pink wires'coming from the the English dash flasher unit per instructions in a previous post. Purple wire cut and a lead from the "L" post of the EL12 spliced into purple wire going into the white connector. From the "X" terminal of the EL12, a wire was first connected to the pink wire which had insulation stripped off in the middle leaving the pink wire intact. Ready to test.

Left turn signal dash light and front light flashed at the normal frequency, but
the two left rear turn signal lights were dead. Right turn signal lights and the emergency flashing work normally. Cutting the pink wire resulted in no change, as well as switching terminals on the EL12.

Any suggestions on what to do next? Do I have a stalk problem?
Thanks ahead for any good advice given.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode