Keyless remote - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Keyless remote

Just got a 2000 c5. Remote initially did not work but found the way to resinque the remote with the car. However, after Resinqing the remote, it would work once maybe twice , then it would not work again. Please help me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2015, 10:40 PM

Thumbs up Keyless remote

It sounds like your old one is shot, or miss-programmed. I bought a new one from Amazon for only $13.95 with battery installed (after locking my original one in it the first time I drove it to work- used to my Nissan keyless FOB that I never have to touch), and it worked great! Came with on-line instructions- the Vette (at least my '01) can be programmed by owner without a lot of difficulty. From world wide remotes- very happy with it. It is the exact one my car came with- only new (old one had worn out ICONS you could not see). Keep them separated by some distance, or it will de-program the other one (my original now does not work- but I will re-program it someday, I got a spare key, so no hurry).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 06:20 PM

This is a common problem with the 2000 C5 remotes... The battery can move around or loose contact with the board causing it to have to be re synced every time. I remember going through this with mine..

For I long time I would just hold down the the lock and unlock by the window and resync it every time.

Luckily I had a spare remote from my 98 race car and just programmed that one myself to work with it.

-I would first try to make sure the batter is not too lose in there... If it is some people snug it with tinfoil or thin piece of metal

-There are instructions online that can show you more in depth the connections that usually break on the key fob circuit board

-If you have one of those Batteries Plus places or stores that specialize in selling batteries they can sometimes fix the lose prong or connection that is causes it to lose power and having to resync it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn4life View Post
-I would first try to make sure the batter is not too lose in there... If it is some people snug it with tinfoil or thin piece of metal

.................................................. ......

-If you have one of those Batteries Plus places or stores that specialize in selling batteries they can sometimes fix the lose prong ......

Meant "battery" and "loose"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode