Service traction sys/reduced engine power - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2013, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Service traction sys/reduced engine power

A little help needed here guys. I have a 2001 Z06 built up to 500 RWHP. Been running into this problem for a while now. I will at any given time loose almost all power (engine power not electrical). It will read back and fourth on the display "service traction sys & reduced engine power". Generally all I have to do is coast to a stop, shut it down for 10-15 seconds or so and it's back to normal. It could do it again in the next minute or not for another half hour. I had a buddy of mine put a meter on it and it indicated a problem with the mass airflow sensor. I changed it and that wasn't it. Has anyone had this problem before or know what the problem might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
A little help needed here guys. I have a 2001 Z06 built up to 500 RWHP. Been running into this problem for a while now. I will at any given time loose almost all power (engine power not electrical). It will read back and fourth on the display "service traction sys & reduced engine power". Generally all I have to do is coast to a stop, shut it down for 10-15 seconds or so and it's back to normal. It could do it again in the next minute or not for another half hour. I had a buddy of mine put a meter on it and it indicated a problem with the mass airflow sensor. I changed it and that wasn't it. Has anyone had this problem before or know what the problem might be?
I had the same problem with my 2000 c5 and also sometimes it would crank like no spark let go of key and turn key again and would start right up strange as it may seem change ignition switch and problem solved
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 01:48 AM

ABS, Traction control, check gages lights

My 02 Corvette has these warning lights on. It was intermitten at first now stay on all the time. When the ABS light comes on the radio goes out, when the security light comes on the Radio comes back on. Now if I drive it after I shut it off it will start but stall right out. Not sure whats going on. Need help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode