Lifting My Corvette - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Lifting My Corvette

I am planning a winter project and going to paint my brake calipars red so I need to pull my wheels off. I am planning to do one wheel at a time (is that ok) can I use a regular jack? and do I need to purchase the hockey puck lifting things that I see advertised ?? Just need to know what I am getting into and how difficult to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 PM

Thumbs up I have done this before!!!

It is ok to do one wheel at a time. I usually do two at a time it is how you want to do it!! I use a floor jack !! It is not a hard job!! But I have done a few!! Keep in touch! Let me know how it goes. Hope this helps.
You will need lift plates for floor jack a set of four is $79.99 Here is where to get them www.mamotorworks.com/corvette Tim c5garage

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

C5GARAGE,
My game plan would be to install the lifting plates jack up the left front wheel and place a jack stand for the left front lower onto the stand then jack the right front same procedure. My concern is location for the floor jack (I believe place on lifting plates) Then where is a safe place for the floor jacks? I am a little confused on what everbody states on these forums as the proper way. Once I paint the front then I would do the same procedure in the back. Your help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode