Borla Cat-Back "S-Type" W/X-Pipe - Corvette Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-05-2016, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Borla Cat-Back "S-Type" W/X-Pipe

Hello,

Im a new/used vette owner (2001) and I was disappointed with how quiet it was. So I read a lot of reviews and watched many videos (that due no justice) to many brands.

Settled on the Borla S-Type with x-pipe, even though I was worried about the negative drone reviews. I wanted something that sounded "tough" but not make the police completely hate me. Im no longer a teenager...

The system has been on for 4k now and it is my daily driver unless its snowy. Ive done a 200 mile one way trip and Ive got to say, Im very pleased! The people who complain about droning have never been in a muscle car. A SBC with a muncie and 4:11s drones when it is on the highway. a C5 on the highway at 1500-2000 has a small rumble. That being said, I plan to do a cam, headers, and tune. After that I will have to update this (maybe summer 2017). I kid down the street has a C5 with a cam and full exhaust and it sounds like Dirty Harry is coming to kick your ass. So if you don't plan to do serious mods and you want a great sounding exhaust, this is a good combo. My only con is that there are occasional pops on deceleration. They are not loud nor bother me because once I due the tune, Im sure they will be gone.

Hope this review was helpful for normal non track people who don't have the money to do coils, heads, low end, turbo(s), ect...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Corvette Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode